Migration & Citizenship Law Blogs

Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT)

If the Department of Home Affairs has refused or cancelled your visa application, you may be eligible to apply for a review of the decision at the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT).

The Contributory Parent Visa is a permanent visa that lets a parent of a settled Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen move to Australia.

Global Talent Visa

On 11 May 2021, the Government announced in its Federal Budget for the 2021/22 year that it will commit $550 million over the next 4 years to attract the best and brightest global talent and

Many overseas workers are not aware of their rights and obligations when working in Australia. Australian workplace laws provide basic protection and entitlements for all workers

Given the potential for fraudulent claims and people trafficking, the Dept of Home Affairs is extremely diligent when reviewing these applications to detect any false submissions.

Mature Aged Student Visa - Bambrick Legal Australian Migration & Citizenship Lawyers

Mature Aged Students must be at least 25 years of age and in Australia to participate in a course of study on a Student Visa (Subclass 500). Mature Aged Students can stay in Australia for

22 new occupations have been added to the Australian Government’s Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL) as of 23 July 2021. The new occupations include:

In order to apply for a Partner Visa (subclass 820/801), you must be sponsored by your de facto partner with whom you have had a relationship for 12 months or more, or your

On 3 November 2020, the Commonwealth of Australia issued a Government notice stating that the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) will acquire visa data from the Department

Unlike a failed DIY house project, the consequences of a failed DIY visa application can be very serious and life-changing. In most cases, you don’t get to re-apply, may face up to

Australia Travel Update for Eligible Visa Holders - Bambrick Legal Migration Lawyers

Fully vaccinated Australian citizens, permanent residents and eligible visa holders can travel to and from Australia without a travel exemption from 1 December 2021.

Migration SA has announced that, as of 28 September 2021, 70 occupations on the South Australian State Nomination Occupation List will be opened to offshore applicants.

In order to be eligible for a Partner Visa (subclass 820/801), you must meet a number of requirements set out in the Migration Act and Regulations.

On 9 September 2020, the Department of Home Affairs’s COVID mini-site was updated to allow the holder of a Business Innovation and Investment (subclass 188) visa to be

The Australian government has introduced family violence provisions to deal with these types of situations. The purpose of the regulations is to ensure vulnerable people