Have your documents certified by a Notary Public, so they can be used both here and overseas.
Bambrick Legal’s Notaries are appointed by the South Australian Supreme Court. They can help you with many types of documents that require verification or certification, including:
- Contracts, documents, and certificates that will be used overseas
- Affidavits, powers of attorney, and statutory declarations that will be used overseas
- Copies of original documents, which will be used overseas
- Verification of Identity
- Personal statutory documents
- Verification of a company’s good standing, and other business and commercial documents.
What is the difference between a Notary Public and a Justice of the Peace?
In Australia, a Notary Public is a lawyer with more than 5 years’ continuous experience. They must hold a current practicing certificate. Notaries are able to advise on matters of law and are able to prepare documents destined for international use. A Justice of the Peace may not be a lawyer, and can only certify documents to be used within Australia.
How it works
- Book an appointment to see one of our Notaries. If your document is in another language, check when you book whether it must be translated.
- Prepare your documentation.
- Bring your document and suitable identification, such as your passport and/or driver’s license.
During your appointment, your Notary Public will:
- Verify that you are who you say you are
- Verify that you have the authority to sign. This is important if you are representing an organisation or company.
- Make sure you are capable of making decisions
- Check that you understand the intention and effect of the document being signed
- Verify that the document is lawful.
Note: If your document is unlawful, or appears to be forgery or fraudulent, our Notary will not be able to help you.
Why Bambrick Legal for Notary services?
Bambrick Legal’s expert Notaries act in the interest of the transaction. Our role is to ensure the integrity of the transaction.
When you work with our Notaries, you gain:
- access to a multi-lingual team: We are fluent in English, Italian, Mandarin and Cantonese
- certainty with known costs
- access to deep expertise and efficiency
- a relationship with a Notary who is upstanding, honest, and clear
- … and much more.
How much does it cost?
Fees at Bambrick Legal are competitive and cost-effective. It is only after meeting with you and properly understanding your unique needs that we are able to provide costs for our Notarial services.
Call today to book your appointment
All your questions will be answered at the time of booking.